Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 2 - Bygdøy (Norsk FolkMuseum, Viking Ship Museum) and Central Oslo (Royal Palace, City Hall, Aker Brygge, National Gallery)),

Well today I finally got some fun things done.  My interview was postponed till the next day.  Today it started to rain in the morning so I had to buy a pullover because it was cold!  It's summer here and it's colder than Brisbane's winter.

I first stopped at the Royal Palace, here's a photo.





































After that I took a walk to the National Gallery where I saw the Scream and other paintings. Just a useless fact, another Italian guy had the same guide book as I did!











































Entrance to the museum shown above.

Then I took a walk to City Hall and then to Aker Brygge where I had a simple lunch of Chicken Focaccia with Tsatziki.



















City hall entrance.



















Mural on the wall, it's very very big.

Here's photos that I took at Aker Brygge which hosts shops and restaurants and other crazy things.

























Someone's face?



















The eternal peace flame.

And the Nobel Peace Centre.  Is it ironic that the word Slaughter is visible from outside of the Peace Centre?



















Caught the ferry from Aker Brygge to Bygdøy and went first to the Folk Museum.

Stave church at the Folk Museum.











































Loft opposite the Stave church.

And then to the Viking Ship Museum. Whilst I was walking this man in a car stopped past me and started to speak Norwegian to me, he was looking for directions to somewhere but I didn't understand and he didn't speak English, so yes, I am now tour guide for Bygdøy, don't ever forget that.



















One of 3 very large Viking ships at the museum.

























Then I walked back to the ferry terminal and caught it back to Aker Brygge.

Ferry terminal, that's someone's boat latched near the terminal.



















Another funny thing happened when I was at the ferry terminal. This elderly man came up to me and asked if I was Japanese and then asked if I was Korean and then he said sorry and gave up. Haha. This always seems to happen to me wherever I go! Anyway I told him I was Chinese and then he started speaking to me in Chinese. Talked to him and his son and daughter, who are American citizens, on the ferry.

Anyway! I found my luggage, which is good. Now I just need to get some sleep. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment